Monday, March 31, 2014

Ending March

   Well we are writing a little late today because we went to the beach again. we decided this week so it was a suprise for the both of us. there were four zones there, about 100 missionaries so it was crazy, but way fun. we played some American Football (real football as I call it) and a little bit of ultimate frisbee. all in all a pretty chill day. It a little bit more stress when I have to worry about still like getting back on time, transportation, and making sure noone does anything stupid, but it was still relaxing. this week we baptized Josue, I got the opportunity to actually perform the baptism and it was very cool. The Elders sang the spanish version of "I like to look for Rainbows" and he started to tear up a little bit. He as made some big changes in his life, and if he keeps strong in the gospel he will maintain that change.
    President Hintze came to our sacramant meeting this sunday, and out bishop asked him to put another companionship in our ward. President then asked him if Arce was safe enough for sisters and he told him that it was. So this upcoming change they are going to put sisters in Arce 3, I´m not quite sure how I feel about that. I guess it depends on the sisters. Some work really hard, and some just complain and complain and complain. Fingers crossed that we get a good set of sisters. We are still trying to figure out houses, how to divide areas, its been quite the headache. there are so few houses, and the area is so small. I might end up just working in a few small colonias. I guess it will be interesting to see how it turns out. 
  Oh and mom this week the package came, broken into, but it came. someone really had gone through it and taken out some stuff. but I got the clif bars, fun dip, popcorn, and the freeze dried meals. thank you so much. it was awesome my companion really enjoyed the beef stroganough (sp?) the cliff bars are always a hit so thank you very much for them.
   Because of time I haven´t been able to read all of your emails but I am printing them out to read them later. It sound to me like you all are ejoying the spring break, and the time to check out BYU. remember that the breakfast sandwiches that they sell in the vending machines are the best thing ever. just saying. also the cookies and creme milk.
for the most part things here are pretty normal, trying to get people in this ward to do their home teaching, trying to find people to bring to church and teach. and working hard to teach the people we have. I am happy healthy, and having the time of my life. Thank you all for writing me and I´ll talk to you next week!
Elder Schriever