Wednesday, May 14, 2014

12th of May

Well everyone another week come and gone,
   These past seven days were super busy but very fun, we had a mission leadership meeting, temple trip, and of course the mothers day Skype call. All of which are something that doesn´t happen every week. the truth is right now I am super worried, this week President and Hna. Hintze are coming to check every single house to make sure that it is clean. YIKES!!!!! President Hintze said (kind of jokingly) that the test will be to throw some food on the bathroom floor, and then be able to eat it afterwards. What we were wondering really is what kind of food it will be. a baked potato wouldn´t be too bad, but chicken noodle soup would be the worst. I guess we will need to do some more cleaning today and get it all ready for when he comes tomorrow morning. Today we are hoping to go bowling as a zone so that should take up some of the time. We also have to go grocery shopping, and if I could get a nap in that would be great. Hopefully I can get it all in.
   In the leadership meeting we watched a mormon message entitled "The Will of God" which was one that I was obsessed with before my mission, If I remember right I mentioned it in my farewell talk. Here is the link if you want to watch it. I really just love the lesson from the story by Hugh B Brown. It really is a great example of what happens on the mission. All of the progress and work we have made in things that don´t matter get trimmed away, and we become the instrument that God needs us to be. And then we are able to give fruit. I can see now how I have been guided, and taught through difficulties and challanges to what I am today. It really is wonderful to see. and assuring to know that he loves me. 
   The temple trip was fantastic as always, I have said it before and I will say it again. The only thing that I dislike about the mission is how little we get to attend the temple. Once every six months is not sufficient for me. But I went this past week, and in June the Alas family is getting sealed!!!! so I will get to go again. That will be one of the best days of my life. I am really looking forward to it. From what I hear from all of you you are doing great, babies are being born, people are getting married and graduating. It's a time of change and new beginnings. I am glad to hear that you are all doing well. I keep you all in my prayers always. We had a pretty successful week this week. We were super worried about one of our investigators C, because she wasn´t answering her phone, and we couldn´t get a hold of her, but we ran into her on Saturday and because of some troubles she had to change here phone number and didn´t leave the house for a few days. But she is still super interested in the church and came this sunday. She is making friends with some of the young women in the ward and is loving it so far. We got several reference from members in the ward, and are hoping to contact all of them this coming week. All in all things are looking up, and the future is bright (so bright I might need to buy some shades as Mark would say) Great to hear from you all and talk to you soon!
Elder Schriever