Friday, December 28, 2012

MTC Week 2

¿Que Tal Familia?

         Well its my first full P-day today and it's been very nice to say the least. We have been studying pretty hard and (hopefully) learning lots. its been constantly snowing here in Provo and i'm tying to enjoy it while I can, because i know I'm gonna be roasting once im in the field. Let me tell you guys a little bit more about my district/zone. My companion Elder G is a super nice guy, very hard working and I feel like we push each other to be better and work harder. Elder N and Elder B are the other two missionaries in my district and we all get along really well, some times we fool around like when we have a contest to see who can balance three expo markers stuck together on one finger for the longest. (the record currently stands at 88 seconds) we honestly work hard but after 10 hours of studying your brain is like jello and you can''t think, it helps to take breaks every once in a while. Unfortunatly the temple is closed right now for Christmas break so we haven''t been able to go yet but i''m sure we will have plenty of time to do that later. (sorry for all of the double apostrophies this keyboard double taps on that key)

        In my last email I forgot to say thank you for all the things you sent me, I love everything! the Spanish hymnbook has been especiall useful since we always sing our hymns in spanish and sometimes the spanish hymnbooks are hard to get a hold of. I have been trying to make the pistachioes last since they are my favorite but I am almost done with one whole bag. I heard a little bit about your Christmas from Eli but he said that Dad would explain most of it to me but he didn''t really tell me either. but from what I understand everyone loves their gifts. between the harp, SLR camera, Wii U, Ipod nano, and paperwhite I''m sure you are all very occupied. just remember that people are much more important than things, don''t spend too much time by yourself.  If you guys would send me your email addresses in an email or Dearelder letter I could write you all a little personal letter. but since I don''t I kinda just have to write a bigger group one. I hope that''s okay. Its weird to think that Katie will be in here fairly soon, If i don''t end up going to the Guatemalan CCM then I will see her for sure. i hope to find out If i am actually going down there in the next week or two. Ill let you know as soon as I find out. but anyways I hope everything is going well for you guys, I don''t get to call this Christmas but one of my substitute teachers, Hermana A, sister's is in my mission and said that she got to skype on Christmas, way cool. so we can look forward to that. She also said that her sister lives in a corrugated metal shack and washed her clothes by hand, has to carry her water to a bucket to take a sponge bath, or has some sort of shower device that she has to fill. If that''w what the hermanas get I think that I am in for a big suprise. I think ill be fine though it''ll be just like a two year camping trip! anyway im gonna try and attatch some pictues for you guys but im not sure if these CCM computers will let me. Well until next time!

Buena Suerte!

Elder Schriever