Monday, January 13, 2014

roasting hot january weather

Well everyone, 
It's been another good week in the mission! This week was mostly uneventful, I spent most of it doing interchanges and baptismal interviews for some of the other areas in the district. Our district right now is way cool. I will want to hang out with all of them when we all get back. But that might be a while because everyone else is pretty new. in our district of eight missionaries there are five in training. Which is only possible because there are two missionaries that are ¨cotrainers¨ because they both have the same amount of time, 11 weeks in the field. We are all gringoes, (which is probably going to get changed in a week) but we will enjoy it while it lasts. We all had interviews with President Hintze this week and he just realized that there we were all gringoes. Haha so I don´t think thats gonna last long. The interview with president was awesome, every time I leave wanting to be better and work harder, and I feel so much more motivated. He really is a excellent example of a Christ like leader. We are a little nervous to see what will happen with changes this next week, it feels like we all just got here, and now its about to be over. There are all kinds of rumors and guesses about changes but noone really knows. I guess I will let you guys know in a week!
     We are all really excited because Elder Quintin L Cook is coming to talk to the 3 El Salvador missions on the 23rd of January. we are all going to be meeting by the Chapel at the temple, I will probably see some of my old friends from the Santa Ana mission as well as President Cordón. 
     As far as investigators go this week was a pretty good success. C and her husband had decided that they wanted to wait until July 7th to get married, because that's when he first asked her to be his girlfriend. But we took her over to a family home evening with another family in the ward and now she is pretty set on getting married on the 14th of February. Horray for Valentine's Day! So we are both pretty excited about that. J T  is also doing well. Hopefully he will keep reading and be able to come to church this upcoming week. The big success of this week really was in the new investigators we have. This week we found two new families that both seem really positive, in total 11 people that we will start teaching. It is exciting and hopefully they will continue to learn and grow. we are always looking, but it is nice to have some new peoplle to start teaching. Sister V went to the whole three hour block today and is well on her way to getting sealed. I really hope she can do it. She is so close!!!
      This week we got a lot of support from the ward and it has been great. They really make the difference. There are members here that have such a strong testimony it is just astounding. They have it harder than almost any other person I know but they have a rock solid faith, which is really encouraging. 
     This Sunday I was reading a little bit in Doctrine and covenants section 18 where it says: 
15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one asoul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father! 16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the akingdom of my Father, how great will be your bjoy if you should bring many csouls unto me!
It really got me thinking about how big of a difference one person can make. One person who decides to follow Christ can change the lives of everyone around them, as well as the lives of all of their children and grandchildren. I can´t wait till the day when I will get to greet the people who I have helped along the way, give them a big hug and cry for joy. I know that as we work hard to bless our fellow  sons and daughters of god our heavenly father will bless us and them immensly. Hope you all have a fantastic week and are all working hard on your new years resolutions! Love you all and look forward to hearing from you soon. 
Elder Schriever